Apple Pincushions

Apple pin cushions by Morgan Wills
I have been making these apple pin cushions for a couple of years now and it seems that as soon as I have made a new batch they are gone before I know it!
I love making them - as it is something that Mr Squirrel and I work on together - I choose the fabrics, cut the pieces, sew and stuff them and make the leaf and stem and Mr Squirrel finishes them off by sewing them closed, sewing the stem to the leaf and then the leaf to the apple and the most important part - the tufting, which gives it that lovely apple shape.
I couldn't make them without Mr Squirrel because the 'tufting' part is the trickiest bit and after making so many apples - he is the master!
Anyway - I know a few of you have come in recently wanting to buy one and I haven't had any in stock. I just wanted to let you know that we have made a new batch and they are ripe for the picking!

4 comments:

--- said...

Ooh yeay, but I will be away when you are open next bugger x fingers and hope there's one left when I get back next week

LionessLady said...

OOO, are you selling these online anywhere Morgan???? Am desperado for one!

Morgan Wills said...

Unfortunately I am not selling them online at the moment. Happy to email a photo of some though and you can choose and I can post! They are $35 + postage :-)

Carli The Quilter said...

Very cute design. Thanks for sharing. Pop over to goodearthquilting.blogspot.com

Post a Comment